• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What's Everybodys Favorite Healthy Breakfast?

I like to reconstitute dried mushrooms (such as oysters, lobsters, and chanterelles, among others) in hot water, then fry them up with some eggs, served with a very hot salsa and some sprouted grain toast. Usually I steam some collard greens or kale to go with it as well.

Today I had all that with some mint green tea and hashish on the side, along with a fistful of fish oil capsules. It's been a good morning. :)

I like to reconstitute dried mushrooms (such as oysters, lobsters, and chanterelles, among others) in hot water, then fry them up with some eggs, served with a very hot salsa and some sprouted grain toast. Usually I steam some collard greens or kale to go with it as well.

Today I had all that with some mint green tea and hashish on the side, along with a fistful of fish oil capsules. It's been a good morning. :)

Sounds amazing, minus the fish oil

Well, I take it to stave off any minor depressive symptoms that might be lurking below the surface, and at doses of ~1g/day it's been working like a charm for me these last few years. I hate to feel dependent on something for that, but I couldn't imagine going without.

The only tiime I ever took a fish oil capsule, I could not stop tasing seafood the whole night I tried brushing my teeth and using listerine and that didnt work

The taste doesn't bother me, but there are lots of fish oil supplements out there now that are "unscented" and/or "tasteless." I don't know how that works, but if it's still something you're curious about you might look into that.

1/2 cup cooked liquid egg whites on a whole-wheat bagel. Tons of protein, lots of calories. Not much food. Kept me full for five to six hours.

Dunno how that'd rate on everyone's scale of "healthy," but I had that breakfast almost every day for two or three years.

I'm still kinda saddened by the fact that I can't eat eggs anymore. :(

8 oz liquid egg whites
organic fruit
greek yogurt
honey

then an hour later:
3 eggs
3 slices turkey bacon (uncured)
huge serving mashed potatoes
grapefruit juice
2 tablespoon coconut oil

Today I had:

A smoothie with one whole apple, one whole avacado, a cup of raspberries, a bunch of bee pollen, a squirt of hemp oil and a spoonful or two of honey. All raw/organic of course. :)

Followed immediately by three eggs, lightly fried with the yolks still pretty runny (prevents oxidation of the yolks, which you don't want), three pieces of uncured organic turkey bacon.

1 dessicated liver shake (MMMMmm, protein and tons of vitamins)

1 cup of organic coffee

^ Some days when I'm running short on time I skip the smoothie and just have an apple. Other days, when I have even more hunger I add organic skillet fried potatoes and garlic into the egg/bacon meal as a carb source.

Love your body. <3

Cereal To-Go

Bowl of bran flakes, but instead of milk, use vanilla or lemon fat free yogurt.
Then top with blueberries and pecans or almonds.

Its cereal you can literally take to work or eat on your way to work (if on public transport)

Today I had:

A smoothie with one whole apple, one whole avacado, a cup of raspberries, a bunch of bee pollen, a squirt of hemp oil and a spoonful or two of honey. All raw/organic of course. :)

Followed immediately by three eggs, lightly fried with the yolks still pretty runny (prevents oxidation of the yolks, which you don't want), three pieces of uncured organic turkey bacon.

1 dessicated liver shake (MMMMmm, protein and tons of vitamins)

1 cup of organic coffee

^ Some days when I'm running short on time I skip the smoothie and just have an apple. Other days, when I have even more hunger I add organic skillet fried potatoes and garlic into the egg/bacon meal as a carb source.

Love your body. <3

Make me some please! That sounds amazing.

Today I had cottage cheese with oats, bran flakes, raisins, and flax seed... At least it's healthy :\

I like making oatmeal with blueberries or raspberries. Of course eggs are always good, preferably with some kind of bacon or cheese. Lately I've been making oatmeal-pancakes too, when I mix up some cottage cheese with some fruit and honey I can make healthy crepes.

So a few days ago I made this awesome tomato chicken soup with broccoli, shallots, garlic, roasted carrots, etc. Then yesterday my boyfriend took the leftover soup and stir fried it with some beef and we ate that over rice...

THEN this morning, I took the leftovers from the soup/meat stir fry and made an omelet with it. The soup went through three different transitions and I swear it got more flavorful every time. Best... omelet... ever. NOMNOMNOM.